Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jabberwocky

Yes. The Jabberwocky.
I know what it feels like being Jabberwocky.
Not because I once imitated Jabberwocky and was 'killed' by Ms. Alice at Loft. No!
Focus..
I watched Alice In Wonderland yesterday night and there were bunch of kids in the cinema. It was a good show. Plus it was a 3D show. Superbly done. If I had to choose between Avatar and Alice In Wonderland for my favorite 3D movie, I'd say Alice In Wonderland.
So like I was saying, there were bunch of kids. Many I would say for a 12am show.
And the part where Mad Hatter is about to be revealed was the part I turned into Jabberwocky. Two of the kids seated behind me started kicking my seat from the back half way through the movie and they only stopped after I shouted at them. A friend of mine gave them all the curse words you can think of. Well, those are not for the kids mainly. But more for the father. He sat next to them with his 3D glasses on and couldn't be bothered with what was happening. Just because you put the glasses on, the screen isn't the only thing you see. Dumbass. I was very close to killing the father for not doing anything about it and most importantly for taking the kids out at 12am for a movie. I bet those kids don't even understand the bloody movie. Or even know what movie were they actually watching. Why bother buying the tickets? Get the DVD and stay at home. Watch it at 4 am and nobody cares. Your kids can kick any seats they want. If you can't afford a nanny or a babysitter and having kids stops you from going out for midnight movies, then don't have one!

This is the problem with people who simply make babies without knowing anything.
Do you know that growing kids require enough sleep for their mental growth?
And enough means sufficient. And by sufficient I mean at least 10hours of good sleep for kids aged 6 to 9. I don't have kids but I know this. It requires a bit of your extra time to read something more intellectual instead of that
imbecilic tabloids that covers the advantages of using leech oil or the one that reports the number of girls Dato X has been dating.
Let me do the math for those who find it difficult to compute.
The kid woke up at 7am when you are still in bed till 10 or 11.
Considering the 10hours of good sleep, the kid now has only 14 hours to spend before he goes to bed again. He has to eat, play, watch cartoons, study and all that jazz within the 14hours.
Which means by 2100hrs, the kid should be in bed again.
Fine... 2100hrs is 9pm.
What time was the movie yesterday? Oh 12am..that's 3hrs past bedtime. What time did the movie end? 2am. Great, now 5 hrs past bedtime. He was probably half way through his LalaLand in there, became restless and started to kick my seat. See? Can you see how this is just a simple and logical thinking that can easily take place if you had considered using the condom when you really can't vicissitude your routine of going out for midnight movies on weekend knowing that you also can't afford a nanny?

Think it through before you screw.

4 comments:

SurayaHarris said...

I'll watch 3D Johnny Depp this coming Sunday with..Harris will surely duduk rumah diam-diam dengan bibik...That's a good reading tho afiq..I dulu pun sleep at 9 sampai I form 3..Hehe..=)

TwiceBlessedMan said...

Good that you have bibik.
My friend went for a movie once and she saw a couple leaving the stroller at the back of the cinema..with their baby in it,to enjoy the movie all the way down the hall.Kalau die beli brg byk2 rasenye die akan tinggalkan kat blkg mcm tu jugak ke?

SurayaHarris said...

Ho shit...that's apa yg akan jadi kalu kita tak hargai anak sendiri..patut u prank diorang sorok jap..baru tau panik..=p

Anonymous said...

byk lagi contoh yg mak bapak buat bodo bile anak buat sumthing annoying...

mcm, anak buang sampah depan rumah org, langgar pasu bunga, memekak dalam masjid... alasan tak boleh pakai dorang adalah "takpela.. budak-budak"...

ku tangan jugak mak bapak budak tu... budak2 tu gantung depan rumah... *ok, jgn buat aksi gantung budak...