Friday, October 30, 2009

(untitled)

Tell me it's a mistake,
Tell me it's stupid,
To fight for somethin' we never can win.
To adore somethin' we know we can't own.
To see things the way we dream it should.
To cry it crumbles right before our eyes.
Only to realize it is wrong.
It is foolish.
Tell me it's unfair,
Tell me it's cruel,
To keep it alive while it sheds blood.
To nurture the feelin' you don't deserve.
To hope for the unthinkables.
To see it kills that one thing you call your own.
Only to find it unjust.
Painful.
Show me how it's sacrilegious.
Show me how it's obnoxious.
When all you swallow is pride.
When all you whisper is prayer.
When all you breathe is hope.
And all you know is her.
Only to crucify your only chance.
That only chance.
And still I walk with a mistake so foolish,
Pave the road of unjust and painful livin',
Sanctify the unforgivable sin.
With dark colors and shabby lanes.
Breathin' the untold chapter.
Scribblin' those torn pages.
Will I win the fight?
Will I own my dreams?
Will I ever live again?

3 comments:

SurayaHarris said...

bertahan afiq..=)

alia kha. said...

wow.afiq this is beautiful.

TwiceBlessedMan said...

suraya,holding on makes you strong..but letting go makes you stronger..anyhow,your own strength can kill you..so how?hahaha..

alia,thank you :)